Elizabeth Cole, Ed.D., CCC-A, LSLS Cert. AVT
About Soundbridge Preschool
Soundbridge Preschool is designed to help young preschoolers with hearing loss develop their listening and spoken language abilities in the context of an integrated, developmentally appropriate, NAEYC-accredited preschool.
- Teacher of the hearing impaired who specializes in helping hearing-impaired children learn spoken language through audition.
- Acoustically appropriate instructional environment, with on-site audiological services including evaluations of personal amplification and FM systems.
- Screening, assessment and determination of individual objectives for each child.
- Systematic auditory-oral instruction to promote each child's auditory, language, and speech development in small group and individual sessions, at spaced intervals throughout the day.
- Regular parent guidance sessions to help parents work and play effectively with their child in stimulating their child's auditory and spoken language development all waking hours outside of school.
- Mainstreaming/inclusion in a preschool environment that fosters age-appropriate physical, social-emotional, self help, and readiness abilities, as well as confidence and joy in learning.
- Parent support, parent network, educational and social events for families.
- Occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychological evaluations, counseling, as appropriate.