Foundation & Program Officer
About the CREC Foundation
“The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives”
Robert M. Hutchins
Imagine the impact on our community if every child received a quality public education. At the CREC Foundation, we firmly believe that inspired leadership and passionate teaching will help transform and enrich public education. We support CREC’s core belief that: Every student can and shall learn at high levels and therefore must have access to all educational resources of the region through the system of public schools served by CREC.
The CREC Foundation was established in 2005 to support CREC's programs, missions and its members. The Foundation helps achieve this goal by:
- Providing financial support for CREC educational programs and services
- Developing strategic partnerships with other community organizations that help promote and advance CREC's educational initiatives
- Supporting teachers and educational leaders by helping fund programs that build and strengthen skills and abilities
- Seeking funds for innovative and highly progressive educational programming to meets the needs of a diverse student population
- Acquiring school and classroom resources for teachers and students
- Obtaining scholarship funds for disadvantaged students
- Assisting families by securing support for programs that improve adult literacy, workforce preparedness and job training.
The CREC Foundation exists exclusively for charitable purposes and is funded by private gifts from individuals and organizations. In addition, the Foundation hosts or participates in fund raising events. As a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization it is governed by a board of directors who support the Foundation's mission.