CREC Resource Group
Building Powerful IEPs to Increase Student Achievement
Order Form Link
“The Support we have received from CREC Consultants has enabled Tolland Intermediate School's Special Education staff to enhance their ability to link present levels of performance to the writing of IEP goals and objectives. Through the Professional Development provided by CREC we have seen an improvement in IEP goal and objective writing. Goals and Objectives are now more targeted and measurable. There is also a more direct connection to grade level standards. Additionally, staff have also incorporated regular progress monitoring checkpoints along the way. A larger outcome of CREC's professional development with our school, has improved our goal of providing all children with an appropriate program in the least restrictive environment.”
- Jim Dineen
Tolland Intermediate School
Audit and Program Assessment
Paraeducator Certificate Program
About The Blueprint: Building Powerful Special Education Practices
The Blueprint is a training curriculum that provides a variety of products and services to help your organization maximize student educational benefit. The program emphasizes aligning well developed IEPs to the Common Core Standards, specially designed instruction, inclusion and collaboration.
The Blueprint can increase achievement and success of students with disabilities by:
- Incorporating the Common Core State Standards into student IEPs
- Providing specialized instruction
- Delivering better instruction using progress monitoring
- Using research-based practices to enhance the general education learning environment for students
CREC's division of Technical Assistance and Brokering Services (TABS) provides a variety of services and products to help maximize student educational benefit. Program emphases include aligning well-developed IEPs to the Common Core State Standards, specially designed instruction, inclusion and collaboration, and transition planning.
Supporting Educators with quality professional development has never been easier or more flexible. Whether you're looking to support a single person, or your entire staff, CREC has the expert solution for you. CREC offers several customizable delivery options for training in the Blueprint with:
- On-Site Workshops: a certified CREC Blueprint trainer will come to your school or district and present any of the Blueprint Modules
- Webinar Training: CREC's Blueprint Curriculum specialists can work with you to create virtual trainings in a Webinar or Online Learning format for any of the Blueprint Module Topics. Past Webinars have covered a variety of Special Education topics including Universal Design for Learning, Research-Based Interventions, and Executive Functioning.
- Blueprint Trainer Certification Program: Build capacity within your organization to train staff using the nationally recognized Blueprint curriculum
- Coaching: Special education and related services personnel can receive coaching, mentoring, modeling, and retraining from CREC experts
- Blueprint Participant Workbooks: Useful workbooks provide employees with a record of the learning acquired and are an excellent tool for reflection ant to help participants move from learning to applying
- Customized Modules: Let CREC work with you to customize a module that can address your district's unique training needs