Flor M. De Hoyos-Ayala, MSW
About National External Diploma Program (NEDP)
The National External Diploma Program (NEDP) is an applied performance assessment system that assesses the high school-level skills of adults and out-of-school youth. The NEDP evaluates the reading, writing, math, and workforce readiness skills of participants in life and work contexts.
- Assesses high school-level skills awarding a traditional diploma so that graduates can meet their academic and career goals
- Designed for self-directed youth and adults with life and work experiences and a general familiarity with computers
- Offers flexible scheduling and confidentiality
- Evaluates 70 competencies in 10 content areas including: financial literacy, health literacy, civic literacy, geography, history, science, and 21st Century workplace
- Evaluates competencies that are based on skills outlined in the Common Core College and Career Readiness Standards