Kelly Ann Clark
Student Services Coordinator
About Soundbridge Early Learning Center
In the Soundbridge Early Learning Center children with and without hearing loss learn in a language-rich environment through individual and small group instruction. This unique preschool experience encourages the child's communicative competence and confidence in his or her learning abilities, as well as fostering age-appropriate physical, social-emotional, self-help, and readiness abilities.
Using the Creative Curriculum, with accreditation from the National Association for the Education of Young Children, each preschool class is taught by an early childhood instructor, a teacher of the hearing-impaired, and two assistant early childhood instructors.
The number of typically-developing children is limited to eight to ten children for each class, with a maximum of eight children with hearing loss. Our favorable teacher-to-child ratio is essential for the amount of attention and guided interaction we provide for each child.
- Low teacher/student ratio
- Language rich environment with an emphasis on learning through play
- Curriculum that balances teacher-directed and child-initiated learning
- Individualized, small group instruction that focuses on children’s interests and learning needs
- Family involvement
- Enrichment including yoga and music
- Acoustically appropriate instructional environment
- Before/after care and part-time/full-time enrollment options available
- In addition, children with hearing loss receive benefit from:
For questions about enrollment please call 860-529-4260