CREC offers several COMPASS Workbooks starting at $18.
Order Form Link
“For the past six years, CREC has worked closely with the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) to support the statewide initiative to provide quality comprehensive paraprofessional training. The feedback on the modules has been consistently excellent. Participants enjoy the hands-on activities and the opportunity to share their thoughts, ideas and strategies with their peers.”
Connecticut State Department of Education
eesmarts: K-12 Energy Education
Facilitation and Presentation Certification
The COMPASS is a nationally recognized, comprehensive, job-embedded professional development curriculum aligned with national paraprofessional standards. Professionals can become certified to train paraprofessionals in more than twenty COMPASS modules, such as School Climate, Assistive Technology, Legal Issues, Instructional Strategies, Managing Behaviors, Common Core Standards, Teaching English Language Learners, and Teaching Students with Autism.
Educators with an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the paraprofessional.
- Two days of certification training in five basic level modules (18 hours of training material).
- Video of a successful COMPASS presentation.
- Recertification every two years.
For Advanced Modules
- Professionals must be certified trainers in COMPASS Basic level.
- One day certification Training.
Benefits of Certification
Membership to The COMPASS Trainers includes updates to materials, current resources, and online assistance.
- All instructional materials.
- Paraprofessional Workbooks (for 20 paraprofessionals).
- Video analysis of a presentation and coaching support.